Bike To Bestival
The good folks of the Bike to Bestival peleton, led by Buskers on Bikes, will be making their way from Lambeth Palace in London on Tuesday 4th September to be with us on the Isle of Wight on Thursday 6th September. They’ve all been training hard for the ride and are ready and raring to go in their finest neon lycra shorts.
The riders will pedal away on their trusty steeds via parts of the London 2012 Olympic cycling road race route and through the beautiful English countryside to Southampton, before hopping on a Red Funnel ferry for the final push to the big party.
They’ll be performing a few musical numbers along the way, and opening our Big Top on the Thursday, as they raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK. It’s a great cause – and here’s where you can help out…
And if they’re passing near you, please do come out and give them a cheer; you might just see one or two wild creatures on two wheels, as the bikers take fancy dress cycling to the streets…
We’d also like to thank VELECO for supplying their kit and for their kind support. VELECO have a passion for Fair Trade and eco-friendly products and their aim is to offer cyclists an ethical and eco alternative for guilt free riding.
Because they’re just bloomin’ good people, they’ve also given us a competition where you can win a set of ethical cyclewear including a jacket made from recycled plastic and an organic t-shirt, cycle cap and hoodie.
To enter, all you need to do is ‘like’ them at facebook.com/Veleco.
- IOW Christmas Toy Appeal is a massive success
- Stay in The Wild Copse our premium campsite
- Bestival Benefit: Saturday 30th March at Nation, Liverpool
- Bestival is the Best!
- All Aboard HMS Bestival! Our 2013 theme revealed
- Early Bird Christmas Promotion - buy now and get an Exclusive Golden Ticket
- IOW Christmas Toy Appeal
- Bestival Blades Of Glory! Skating Party Sat 17th Nov
- Bestival Halloween Epic: Rave vs Hoedown! Sat 27th Oct
- The Bestival Bugle - download for free!