Just one day left to help WaterAid’s Big Dig bring clean water to Malawi
Thank you Bestival! Hundreds of you visited the WaterAid tent in the Grassy Hill and supported their Big Dig appeal to bring to bring clean water and sanitation to some of the poorest communities in Malawi.
Did you get have your photo taken? Get your nails done? Have you seen the photos? Look here and share your photos – spread the love! All this will help to boost the campaign.
Last week, the drilling of new boreholes in the villages of Bokola and Kaniche brought the communities clean, safe water for the first time – just watch this film to see how the community celebrates!
Along with new latrines and hygiene education, which has been carried out throughout the summer, the new boreholes will save and transform lives.
Bokola and Kaniche are just the tip of the iceberg. The UK public responded with phenomenal generosity to the appeal throughout the summer, and with the UK Government matching all donations pound for pound from the aid budget over £2 million was raised – enough to help WaterAid change hundreds of thousands of lives in communities across Malawi.
There is just one day left to make a donation to The Big Dig, as the UK Government will match all donations made before midnight 18th September – to donate or find out more go to thebigdig.org
- IOW Christmas Toy Appeal is a massive success
- Stay in The Wild Copse our premium campsite
- Bestival Benefit: Saturday 30th March at Nation, Liverpool
- Bestival is the Best!
- All Aboard HMS Bestival! Our 2013 theme revealed
- Early Bird Christmas Promotion - buy now and get an Exclusive Golden Ticket
- IOW Christmas Toy Appeal
- Bestival Blades Of Glory! Skating Party Sat 17th Nov
- Bestival Halloween Epic: Rave vs Hoedown! Sat 27th Oct
- The Bestival Bugle - download for free!