Swim 2 Bestival 2012
Swim2Bestival is a charity event that takes place the day before the festival begins and allows festival-goers crazy enough to take on the challenge the opportunity to don their Speedos in a ‘man (or woman!)-against-the-elements’ test of strength and stamina, swimming the 1.3 mile stretch of cold and choppy water that is the Solent, and it’s all for charity.
NB: only a limited number of people can swim each year, and they are already full up for 2012
In 2012 the swim will be going from Hurst Castle to Colwell Bay on Thursday 6th September and they will have one main charity, the Island Youth Water Activity Centre, which all the swimmers will support.
The swimmers also have the opportunity to raise money for a charity of their own choice and you can read about these and their motivations for swimming on the profiles section of the Swim2Bestival website.
You can also find (& like) them on Facebook.
Now in its 6th year Swim2Bestival, has raised over £10,000 for charity and allowed over 45 swimmers to cross one of the busiest shipping lanes in Europe to reach quite possibly the best festival in the world.
The Island Youth Water Activity Centre has provided support for the swim since it began in 2007. IYWAC also runs activities and courses for the benefit of all young people on the Isle of Wight. Their prime aim is to provide a variety of water based experiences, which combine challenge, safety and enjoyment whilst also training young people and instructors to a national standard.
- IOW Christmas Toy Appeal is a massive success
- Stay in The Wild Copse our premium campsite
- Bestival Benefit: Saturday 30th March at Nation, Liverpool
- Bestival is the Best!
- All Aboard HMS Bestival! Our 2013 theme revealed
- Early Bird Christmas Promotion - buy now and get an Exclusive Golden Ticket
- IOW Christmas Toy Appeal
- Bestival Blades Of Glory! Skating Party Sat 17th Nov
- Bestival Halloween Epic: Rave vs Hoedown! Sat 27th Oct
- The Bestival Bugle - download for free!